Skip to main content
Hibiscus1
Contributor

Any active support groups for BPD?

Hi 

I’m looking for a support group for my husband and I. 18yo with BPD and 27 yo with BPD, and the struggle is real. We’ve signed up for Family Connections, but it’s in a few months.  All the sites I’ve looked at - don’t have forums atm. 

thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Any active support groups for BPD?

Hey @Hibiscus1 ,

Maybe @BPDSurvivor can help 🙂

Hi @Hibiscus1 , I was just mentioning to someone else that I am doing some work with the Australian BPD Foundation and may be able to point you to the direction of services in your state if you are interested.

I don’t know what state you live in though.

All the best. It is a totally treatable condition. I know because I’m living proof.

Hi 

yes you are proof ❤️ 

We are in North West Tasmania - so I imagine an online forum would be best. I can’t find any! 

thanks xx 

Hi there @Hibiscus1 

Have you check facebook? I just had a quick look and they have quite a few support groups, some for parents of children with BPD. 

Hope that helps a little

Hanami

Hi and thank you 

I am on a FB group for families/carers  - but that's not a group who meet and discuss/support,  and it's not necessarily moderated by professionals or people with experience.  I'm looking for an online group that meet and discuss - like a AA family group - i would have thought there were many, but i can't identify any that are up and running. Some of the FB groups are, umm unsafe - as there are members with BPD, who 'react' ... not really the safe space I am looking for.  

Hiya, 

BPD Community looks to still be running an online BPD family/friends/carers group every 3rd Tuesday online. You can see more here: Family And Friends Group (bpdcommunity.com.au)

Hope that helps 🙂 

That’s a great tip @cjmcr ! @Hibiscus1 , did you read the post above from @cjmcr ?

thank you 🙏🏼 so much. I couldn’t find that - and it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for 💕 

@cjmcr  thank you 🙏🏼