Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@saturnzoon, thinking of you and hope you don't feel down about it for to long. It's there loss as much as yours.  If the baby doesn't get to know all of his family then it it only shows how selfish the parents are and how small minded some people are.  He will grow up one day and figure that out himself I'm sure.  We are all people and should be treated with dignity and respect regardless of our economic or social status.

It's nice to hear from you. 🙂 Heart

What a terrible accident @Adge 

Intellectually disabled people can have so much trouble taking care of themselves and they can have terrible accidents - I do understand that

It's rough for everyone - and you seem to care about him a lot - and your Mum must be frustrated and upset herself

I had trouble with my son not being able to take responsibility for his life and doing things that were frustrating and upsetting - I know what that's like - and it sounds as if your brother has really injured himself badly with this accident - I guess most of us would handle a kitchen fire without danger to ourselves but your brother's not able to 

Its horrible for your whole family

Dec

@saturnzoon Hope you can cheer up soon. Family is never easy. We have to try to live our lives best we can. Take care.

Hi @saturnzoon 

What a cheap way to learn about your new grandson - I am so sorry

As families are like that - I could tell a tale - you are not alone - but it is so sad that this young couple are not up to letting you see your grandson - that is so upsetting

Am I right in thinking that this girl is class conscious - that is something none of us need - you don't need that kind of grief but you little grandson - you must feel down when you don't know when you will see him if ever

I am so sorry Saturn - I really feel for you

Dec

@saturnzoon  That’s really hard. Sorry this is coming on top of such a difficult time for you. Sending kind thoughts and some of these. 💕💕💕🌷🌷🌷

I'm sorry @saturnzoon
😕

I have nothing to say to that. That's unfair.

Thought are with you my awesome friend.

Indeed @saturnzoon
What @TAB said

..eh??..
@MDT ..Spicy One @eth lol

Because he is blind @Owlunar What might have been manageable (being on fire) for some other people, was not.

Yes he's critical, & has had several emergency skin graft operations (already).

His being in ICU for 11 days (so far) is a strong indicator, too.

I've only been in ICU for a day at a time (several times), myself.

Adge

Hi @Owlunar  I love your concept of noticing the penultimate straw ... makes total sense, wise advice.  The piece I'm working on is for a set theme of scars ... so it's about my adult child's recovery from double mastectomy recently and all the scars they carry internally as a result of being transgender in a binary world, and what they are able to have joy about now that they've had the surgery.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance