Skip to main content

Re: Living with Loneliness

Thanks all of you and thanks Tony’s! You’re all an inspiration and we all survive! Your story of the pigeon really said something to me! I used to hide in the ferns in the garden and believe no one could see me so no one could find me! Safety in the mind if nowhere else! Your pigeon reminds me of the garden! And being lost in the bush! 
Hope we all find something nice today that brings a smile instead of tears! 
warm strokes instead of cold ones for all!

@PeppyPatti  Thank you for the tag. When I was at Uni as a mature age student. Best 4 years of my life.

Was never lonely.

Made friends with other mature age students. Post lecture or tutorial drinks at the pub.

Got diagnosed with ADD/ADHD halfway through my degree. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Being around people that have a common interest is a very important part of my life.

If I’m socially awkward, I don’t care. I find communicating with people in the Autism spectrum easy.

G

@tonys 

In case you were wondering, you are definitely a friend of mine. Wish we could meet in real life so I could give you a hug. I’d come sit by your campfire and we could tell each other stories.

I suffer from loneliness a lot. My hubby goes to work and my kids have all left home. I don’t know what to do with myself when I am alone. Sometimes even with hubby around I get lonely, so I come here to the forums looking for people to chat to. Being here on the forums eases my loneliness a little. 
I actually suggested to Sane to add loneliness into their reasons for accessing the forums on their recent survey because essentially that’s why I access the forums. I guess looking at this thread that I am not an orphan. Other people are feeling lonely too. I once felt so lonely that I wanted to commit suicide, I ended up in hospital for a time. Anyway, I don’t know what the point to this post is. I guess I just wanted to say me too!

Thanks for getting this thread going again @PeppyPatti love hearing from you.

@Oaktree @Glisten @tonys @Former-Member @SmilingGecko 

we have all experienced profound isolation. Thanks for sharing. Sorry I can’t respond individually at the moment.

Hope you do find some relief by joining the forums. @Doldip15 @Lila3 

I feel a bit spacey and short on words. But feeling a Big Gratitude for all your posts.

And @saturnzoon @Snowie @Jacques 

feeling light headedness. Please don’t read lack of content as lack of care

Well then you built a citadel . .   @Oaktree ..   The purpose of life is,  happiness..

loneliness is a thing without purpose. . .   beyond that which is,   Nefarious.  

Even back in the day,   when you n me,  faced off in a lost town,  High noon,  Neath a Tomb stone  sun,

I never ever doubted your friendship Sis...   Lucky only you n me know what the hell I'm on about..

Ive said too much for one day.   Buy folks.     tns

@Appleblossom thanks for including me. Just these small moments when you're struggling ( I'm deeply depressed currently) can lift you a little.

I hear you about the light-headed feeling. ATM I'm over sleeping & finding it hard to get out of bed.

I think I'm feeling devestated that it's so tough for my ex husband to meet someone too through no fault of his own 

He wears a Suit  Has been since he was 17 years old. 

@Oaktree 

I do loved reading your message because you write your passionate true feelings. 

I feel the useless feeling after children  @Oaktree I cannot believe how did youngest stop talking to me ? What was happening for this happening ??