Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with Loneliness

Thankyou @Doldip15 .  Feel I should apologise.  I had to resubmit that bit of work a dozen times before they finally took a slightly different version of it. Only a few saw the underlying message. 

Then I saw your words. They all turned inside me and I searched for a hastily wrapped gift. Then I thought, Maybe you'll

get it.  You got the original draft.

I just wanted you to know there are more people that care for you than you may realize.  We all come from our own fields of battle and bring the different gifts familiar to us.    Its a big jump to hope they may be 

Okay for you and I thankyou for accepting.     The  'show n tell'  of life brings many different people, with many shaped gifts. 

I always think the point is,  someone needs us,   someone comes..      Please be gentle on yourself friend.  I'll look in on you tomorrow.

@Thyme      @Lila3  @cloudcore  @PeppyPatti ..  @Oaktree  @Glisten                                                                           tonys

@tonys How’s life my dear friend Huckleberry? You and the Bookkeeper keeping well?

It’s been a big week Huck, I’ll build a bench somewhere and catch up with you.

Hi @Doldip15  👋🏼  I’m marathon watching Star Trek Discovery, what are you up to?

G

Mate @Glisten , thankyou my friend.  I'm do ok.   Its so hard getting in the   'zone'  at my age but still 

chipping away.  

You sound like your in the chieftains chair,  just hope it is so. 

I do have a question for you my friend. 

Without having to put the combings from my hair brush in my pancake batter,  How the hell do I get my

pancakes not to break up when  flip em.  😁

See mate..  I'm ok and tony2guns is never far from the surface.    Don't tempt him. . .    LoL

you have a beaut evening and I'll get back to writing crap . . .   just like,  that .. 😊    Huck..

send me pics of your totem poles my chainsaw wielding  compadre..   tns,, nite mate

Good morning to those who stayed up late - Marathon watching or doing whatever! I stayed up late trying to complete the gift tags I’m decorating ready for the market stall my daughter always says we’re going to have but apparently I’m told yet again, not yet! I’ve 20 hand made bracelets, at least that in baby singlets - smoked or embroider with cross stitch, 30 or more cards, 6 box cards, and 30 plus gift tags! I guess they’ll get donated to charity one day! Oh to be younger and stronger and able to walk! It’s nice to be creative but it would be nice to have somewhere to take it too! Must start going to bed earlier and putting this stuff away! 
Hope you all enjoyed some restful sleep and a nice day ahead! I have to collect new glasses with which to see the world a little better! For the first time I will have separate long and short distance glasses and get to spend my life looking for glasses! But graduated lenses don’t work when you’re not upright! Wrong focus! Makes life interesting seeing everything double, distorted and wrong! Or maybe that’s how it really is? And it’s all an Alice experience really and I’m failing to learn how to cope in this crazy world?? I’ll see what happens with these magic glasses with prisms! Might stop falling down! 
Have a lovely day everyone! 
@Thyme 

@Glisten 

@tonys 

Re: Loneliness

Hey there @PeppyPatti 🌺🙂

My apologies… functional strengths is a shorthand way of writing the strengths a person has in their day to day practical functions, like physical abilities, cognitive abilities, emotional abilities, and how they can be maximised 🌺🌺 I hope that helps with it… my apologies again - I sometimes write too quickly using short phrases for my own good haha 😆 

How’s your weekend so far? 
I hope you’re doing well 🙂💜

sorry I’ve not been on the forum as much as usual.. just a couple things to adjust to for now, but things will settle in as they do, shortly 💜🙂

you take good care, and I hope you have a nice evening 🌺💜🙂

Hey there @Doldip15 🌺🙂💜

thank you for sharing your story, showing how in deep loss, pain and trauma you seek again and again for the good things, the good reasons, and the good motivations to keep going 🌺🙂

your words touched me and I could feel a semblance to your story because I also lost a partner to illness, while distantly surrounded by his family and friends hovering, waiting in the wings, letting me manage his life, his business, and his finances alone, only to snatch what they could after his passing, while accusing me of not doing enough..one even accused me of worse, when I was contacted by authorities and questioned as to what kind of care I provided, and what was his reason of passing 😔💔 ..for clarity, I was completely exonerated, backed up by the ambo staff and doctors 🌺

I also understand how other people tend to give advice that may have been useful for their coping strategies in terms of what to do with life and a future partner/s, and that in their sharing, there’s little space for how you actually feel, and what you actually want. I also knew I didn’t want to get close to anyone again..but nobody heard that - it was a busy time for them while preferring to tell me what to do instead 🌺

The one thing I have to remember him is a decorative bowl we bought on holiday once. Everything else was taken. Everything. I just didn’t have the energy to fight it at the time. 
So, I guess I can understand what it’s like to be so alienated by circumstance, and how isolating and lonely that can end up being🌺💜

Here, you’re not alone, and there’s always someone with something to connect to, and hold space for you 🙂💜

keep looking and listening for that sweet birdsong out your window, and store those little moments of beauty in your heart ☺️💜🌺🤗

Hey there @tonys 🙂🌺

such a beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing in your unique gentle yet poignant way 💜

I just wanted to ask if you’re doing ok..? You give so much, and so I wanted to gently say that all the care you pour into the forums is a pool in which you can dive deeply for your own comfort, if you so wish 🙂🌺

Holding space for you too, side by side 🙂🌺💜

Dear @PinkFlamingo 

I felt those words you wrote to @Doldip15. I can't even imagine what you both had to endure......

However my story with illness has very similar parallels but different. 

Just knowing and trying to manage with people who have 

No awareness ..

No compassion....

No knowledge of anyone but themselves...

I just don't understand. 

Hey there @PeppyPatti 🌺🙂

Thank you so much for your compassion and empathy - it really does make a huge difference with regards to feeling the care and value that comes from shared experiences 💜🌺🙂

@Doldip15 🫂🌺🙂

I’m sorry you’ve also been through tough times that have been hard emotionally…definitely, how people respond really impacts.. however we have each other here, with lots of understanding, and your story has value and meaning 💜🌺🙂

Dear @PinkFlamingo 

Thank you, empathy is so forgotten as you know. Your story is valuable. 

You give me space to own and embrace something which is very important to me, to be empathetic and compassionate, thanks 🍀

long-exposure-landscape-photography-19.jpg

I think I used to get very lonely because when younger I was very compassionate, would listen and give feedback. 

Today I use it as my superpower. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance