Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

My 'lil venture. Adventuring into the unknown.

Hi all.

If there's anything I learnt last year it was that there are ups and downs. Each doesnt cancel or rule out the other and both matter, and I matter in both. 

My adventure this year is to venture into new worlds with a business venture of my own. 

I am going to make my own small buisness and finally get around to selling my art. 

For someone who has never has a job, this is a massive thing. I don't know what work is like yet I'm launching my own brand....what am I thinking.....well I don't know. 

This thread will about where this venture leads. Will I come across an impenetrable barrier and not make it far. Or will it become a massive success and my masterpieces sell for millions. 

Tbh I am not so much focused on its end goal bit the journey I take to get there. 

Like a piece of art, the making can be just as much fun as the finish result and matters more to me as the creator of it. 

Here's to new year and new beginnings. Let's take that first step. 

23 REPLIES 23

Re: My 'lil venture. Adventuring into the unknown.

IMG_20231224_090504_599.jpg

May the journey lead me beside the river of joy. 

Love this @The-red-centaur 

I'll follow your journey with interest!

Ohhh hello @The-red-centaur 🙂

Please tag me in your journey 

Hello @StuF 

Hello @Shaz51 !

Hey Al. 

I have some progress towards my business. I am so proud of myself for all I've achieved. I start my own market stall in two weeks...eek!! 😄 

The hardest thing, yet simplest was getting my ABN. I caused myself so much anxiety and worked myself up so much over it. I thought it would be much harder than it was in the end. I got a support worked to help me and got it in no time. I'm excited to say my business and business name are now registered and in ready to go. 

Another thing that surprised me is all the little things that add up to showing a matket. Like getting the basic things necessary to hosting it. I.e. the gazebo, table and chairs, the easels etc I'll display on. I have had to borrow money off my mother for it all. And other for the other things required to set up the business. 

But I'm super proud. It's been 3 months since I made the decision to make a business and I've achieve so much in such little time. 

I can't wait to see how it goes. 

@Shaz51 @StuF @NatureLover @tyme 

Well done @The-red-centaur ! Heaps of good wishes for your business! 

well done my awesome friend , soo proud of you @The-red-centaur 

1919997310-Funny-Motivational-Quotes-18.jpg

So. Very. Well. Done. @The-red-centaur !

I hope it is a raging success 🙂

How exciting @The-red-centaur ! It is for your paintings? Your paintings are truly incredible.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance