Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

j2mhall
Casual Contributor

Voices

Hi, I get worried often. 

Is there anything I can do?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Voices

Hey there @j2mhall 🙂🌺

PinkFlamingo, Peer Guide volunteer here 🙂

I was wondering if it’s ok with you to ask a question around your post please? 

I was wondering what you are feeling worried about, in particular? 

Hoping I can help out for you 🌺🙂

🦩

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@j2mhall it can be rough worrying all the time. It's normal to have anxiety - it's the way our brain tries to protect us - but if it's happening all the time and becomes difficult to get on with life, it might be that something is going on. 

Do you have much in the way of professional mental health support? A therapist or someone like that? 

j2mhall
Casual Contributor

I get voices

Hi @j2mhall , 

If you're experiences voices this isn't neccesarily a negative thing - what do the voices say to you? Is it your voice or another voice? 

I would always encourage somebody experiencing head voices to book a GP appointment or call a helpline for guidance. 

Hi @j2mhall 

So glad that you have found your way here as it takes guts to open yourself up to others.

Worrying and being anxious about things is all very normal, its part of who we are.  You say you here voices, are you the voice or is it someone else.  What do they say to you, good or bad.  As @Jasper_123 @Jynx @PinkFlamingo have indictated, a visit to your local GP would be a good idea as they can get a better understanding of what you are going through and will be in a better place to see what is best for you.  Be kind to yourself and see your GP.  Look after yourself 🙂

Hey there @j2mhall 🙂

along with @Jynx  @Asgard @Jasper_123 , I feel it would be a nice thing to explore the voices more with your GP and/or a mental health helpline, and/or the hearing voiced support group if you feel comfortable to do so at some stage, which may gently help with understanding a bit more what’s going on and how to build helpful tools to cope, find relief and resilience, and manage, and to feel you can be your best self while living with voices 🙂🌺

We are always here, too, to give you kindness, kinship, and hold space for you - feel free to post anytime; pop an ‘@‘ in front of our handle, and this will send us a direct notification of your message ☺️🌺

take good care and please do post here anytime you’d like to 🙂

PinkFlamingo 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance