Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Yeah @ENKELI  

I find it very difficult even going around the Sane Forums and writing in other threads. I found an interview a couple of weeks ago but to was a huge step out of the box for me. I just get confused easily. 

In the past, my volunteer work was definitely in me but cannot anymore. It’s embarrassing but there you go. Just like you. 

You got to stay with that mortgAGE. I apologise, I just was throwing out some ideas. I worked at Bunnings for a year….you just need to talk heaps and the pay is awesome. God damn, Just ignore the young eager people that’s all…….lol _ when people told me their problems I just said, sorry, Im not a professional and you need to see that…And I swear I ate a bloo….. cream jam and donut bun EVERY day…… 

It’s weird because I worked very very hard to be like my family, Academic and successful but I can’t write assignments if my life depended on it. I have no idea how I passed a University degree. Let alone beginning a Psychotherapy Degree. WTF. 

Nighty night @Glisten 

I hope that you sleep well. 

@Meowmy @ENKELI @Loner57 @StuF @Appleblossom @Oaktree @creative_writer @Tilz @Adge 

Happy Humpday SANEstas @Shaz51 Hugs 🤗 @SmilingGecko @Historylover @Stout what are you doing today?

@Loner57 Do you go to your local Men’s Shed?

@PeppyPatti hope you enjoy your walk. I’d be going straight up Rokeby Rd to Kings Park 💚🌸 You know there’s a Friends of Kings Park. They do wonderful things.

@ENKELI does your Local Government do community tree planting days?

Are you a garden person? I like native plants and trees.

👋🏼 back I go to the Shed

G

Hello @Glisten enjoying this Wednesday. Was up early, did energy practices, meditation then Zen Chi machine before greeting the sun. Saw something in my e-mails from a Qigong master who put out a course "Aging in Full Bloom". Can't afford the course plus in the past my knees would strain with general Qigong so my Qigong practice never took off. Went to Lee Holden's you tube channel instead and saw two videos for seniors which really piqued my interest. I can do the practices without any strain. My knees and joints are ok doing it. They were easy to do and promote vitality and longevity. One exercise is so powerful that the Qigong teacher he got it from lived to over 100 with that practice! I am also learning to stimulate my kidneys which is the water element that extends life. 30 minutes investment and I feel wonderful. Its do-able alongside my other exercise routines with yoga, walking and resistance bands training

@Glisten enjoy the shed, it's good you have something to look forward to 😍

Given the amount the city charges for rates they should be offering something to ratepayers! They do have an agreement with Trillion Trees to give residents free native plants but I don't really need any. I enjoy pottering around with my plants, at the moment it's good that it's been raining as I don't have the energy to water. I am feeling marginally better today, I think because the sun is out. 

@ENKELI we have a Shed out this way but I think its for men specifically. My rates are really high - the only thing I get out of them is bin collection and the library. Its a bit of a growth corridor out this way and the rates are worse than the inner city of Melbourne. 

@SmilingGecko I know what you mean by rates being high. I think it's the same here, there are mens' sheds but not sure about a gal space.

I am by no means crafty, I did woodworking at school but that was as far as I went. Ever since I've been taking antidepressants my creative mind went into permanent hibernation. It's sad but a small price to pay for a less depressive life!

Hope your day is going well, I am off to do some grocery shopping

xx

Hi @PeppyPatti sorry I haven’t been responding. I hope today has been a good day for you 😊

@ENKELI do you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder?

Retiisi, you might need some heat or vitamin D supplements my little radish?

Or will that affect your medication?

I had to change my antidepressants.

But it doesn’t help my dyslexia.

@SmilingGecko do you remember the old time heat lamps?

I have read that infrared lamps help with depression. I don’t know how reliable that information is.

G

How are you now @TAB ?? How are you feeling now?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance