Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Tabaluga's

@TAB  Good morning mate. You got me while I’m waiting for coffee. On my way to the library to get some printing done.

Then off to the Shed

Hope you have a peaceful day Tabsta

G

I read people with hypothyroid really feel the cold @TAB. I'm the opposite with my hyperthyroid. Was wondering how I was going to get through winter with elec blanket and elec throw. My thyroid has settled a lot since having dietary changes (no caffeine or soy) and having a supplement. The supp made a huge difference. I wouldn't be surprised if I was subclinical like you and nothing showed up on bloodwork like your had.

I have just tossed out kitchen scraps to green waste, did some dishes and wiped down sink and most of the surfaces in my kitchen. Will do the floor this afternoon and toss out kitchen tidy and recyclables. Order at last! Its been a busy day today. Will organise lunch then have a siesta then tackle the rest of the housework. 

I love walking past the local bakery. Pity I can't eat any of the stuff anymore. Theres a fish and chips nearby and you can usually smell fish chips and lots of vinegar. I hope you enjoy your day out. It will be a nice break from the house

TAB
Senior Contributor

Have a good one @Glisten  was just heading out the door to shops , then wait at chemist, queue at PO etc  took nearly an hour to do not much lol

Hi TAB 🙂@TAB 

TAB
Senior Contributor

um didnt go to bakery , got sidetracked w 30min wait for script and queue of like 7 people in front of me at PO as clock had ticked over to past 12. was airless, I got a bit sweaty, 90% of people there ok incl me dont work so could have come back another time, plus where hangers on just chatting and sucking up the air, also 2 pensioners trying to get a passport for some kid. At lunchtime. der .. @SmilingGecko  got served by woman who does afternoons , one w RSL was busy doing passport. think will pretend nothing ever happened.

um think said other day about stress hormone cortisol, high levels can cause thyroid probs even tho thyroid hormone levels within limits, also read that heart failure is common cause for rapid weight gain.

TAB
Senior Contributor

Hey @greenpea  GP how are things going with you ? 

Got 'school' tomorrow. done all homework. prob a bit light on on lesson plans for 2moro , past caring tho. I passed the first one. they prob expect next ones to be better. got 2 to do do tomorrow . Then thats all the face to face presenting for the whole course , think. have to do 2 online presentations sometime in future

Go back another day @TAB I go to a chemist that is in the middle of nowhere so hardly any queues mostly. I just catch a bus near a man-made lake with a quiet shopping precinct. I love going there as there is hardly any people. With hyperthyroid you lose a lot of weight rapidly which is the opposite of hypothyroidism where you gain weight. I'll check re: thyroid and cortisol, thanks for letting me know, but I drink an adaptogenic tea that is great for adrenals. You know if your adrenals are pumping out cortisol if you have a puffy face. Don't worry about the lady at RSL, you may be reading more into the situation than need be. She would be seeing hundreds of people each week. You would be surprised how much people can forget the smallest of interactions. I know its bothering you but try not let it get to you. She may remember your name as she said but the slight you think you received may well be nothing afterall. She may just want to keep you as a customer at the post office and not a social thing 

TAB
Senior Contributor

already home @SmilingGecko  looked at options  had to wait for script anyway, so waited in queue @ P.O. and yes youre right re woman at both post office and rsl

@TAB hey tabby, good luck with course tomorrow. Enjoy tonight. Take care.

TAB
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Meowmy 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance