Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Tabaluga's

They look ok @TAB. This e-mail I got did not suggest those but rather dangle from horizontal pole with bodyweight like you do with monkey bars. Most people can only do it for 10 seconds with their grip but you build up to a maximum of 90 seconds for men and 60 seconds for women with your strength.

It reminds me of someone I used to know who had no strength in her arms to open metal lids on glass jars. It obviously gets that way as you age. I have seen metal lid opener gadgets that the elderly have drilled to the bottom of a countertop bench. You slide the jar in and turn and the lid opens easily.

Good morning @Meowmy @TAB @Bill16 

Thanks @Meowmy 

@StuF good morning. Its quite foggy in the morning air today. Just balanced my chakras. Will go off and cleanse my aura and then do some aura strengthening to bolster me energetically. Is it your birthday today or was it yesterday? Sorry for not being on point. Have not been very well, but hoping you are having nice celebrations though ❤️

G'day @SmilingGecko - sounds like you have plans and are following through 🙂

Don't worry about birthday - it was actually Wednesday. I wasn't going to make a song and dance about it, but it sorta came out and I didn't really correct people one way or the other...yeah, even I'm confused at this stage! lol

That said, lunch today is the 'big' celebration, so it's still relevant 🙂

I hope you feel better soon!!!

TAB
Senior Contributor

..dont get jars ??

@SmilingGecko  there are lots of tricks w them. as confired gherkin-nut ,  best way is to copy aunt in Germany, turn jar upside down then hit botton with heel of hand couple times, then try lid, if does not work, put thin kn!fe bl@de up under lid between thread on jar, it will go 'pop' when lets go. hot water works too, also cover w tea towels for grip lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

Good Morning @Meowmy @StuF @Bill16  hope the rest of your trip goes okay Meowmy, maybe English Breakfast at coffee place ? eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, toast ..yum .. lol 

Good Luck with house Bill

@TAB hey tabby, had shower and checked out of motel. At cafe having breakfast.  Hope you will have a good day. Take care.

TAB
Senior Contributor

I had a cup of tea and some super healthy wholemealplus grain rye toast , but went back to bed @Meowmy  only just got up again lucky no checkout lol ...

enjoy your breakfast and take it easy on the road, would be double points if caught by police. hopefully not much traffic as everyone got to to where going already ha

@TAB Yes I use that to click open a jar but I guess if you get old you would possibly still have problems with strength slightly leveraging it between the lid and the outside rim of the jar.  Us oldies have all that to look forward to as we inch further with age lol! I guess I'll go swing on a monkey bar 🙃 Have you noticed your strength increasing? This doctor I follow says grip is an indicator of the fountain of youth. The stronger your grip the less you age. So 90 seconds a day for a bloke and 60 seconds for a woman dangling off a horizontal pole seems a good way to preserve youthfulness. I'm not into vanity but its interesting how you can age with less degeneration so you can stay more vital.  I'm envious of those people who have had good health all their lives TAB. 

Hello @StuF oh thats good I got in early the other day. You will have to tell @Shaz51 as she keeps track of birthdays. You usually get a nice shout out from her. I'm glad you enjoyed a good day with your family. Sounds like you got a bit spoilt which is lovely to hear. Nothing much happening here. 

TAB
Senior Contributor

oh i never looked after my health or just applied bandaids to really bad habits @SmilingGecko  um notice weaker if dont do wrist things. I dont stick to any exercise that much and that includes wrist things der.

yes, some people work hard at being healthy, others just are I guess. Im prob somewhere inbetween

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance