Skip to main content
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Good Morning!

Hey there @Adge 🌺🙂

Just thought of you so I wanted to find this message and see how you’re doing? 🤗💜

I hope you’ve heard from the support worker by now, and the Neami group is working out for you and you feel settled in a bit more, as well as a feel you are a valued member there as you very much are here 🙂

and I hope work is a bit better, with more regular shifts and your provider is trying their best to get you a place that will be easier with less driving and more coworkers around you 🌺🙂

I hope your evening is going well there 💜🌺🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @saturnzoon 🌺🙂

thanks so much for your message - I want to kindly say how much the support you and our members here have shared with me has lifted me up above the emotional hurt of having to battle a corporation alone…it’s really made a huge difference to my wellbeing and coping ability, as well as reinforcing my resilience against having to do so much self advocacy 🌺💜🙂

really means a lot! 🥹

I’m sure it won’t be quick or easy, but I’m doubling down on sticking up for myself, that’s a given now 😀🌺

I hope you’re doing ok, and things are going in the right direction for you 💜🌺🫂🙂

Hello everyone

@saturnzoon @TAB @Former-Member @PeppyPatti @Glisten @StuF 

Just back from another walk, was able to walk 30 minutes in addition to doing a hang exercise off the local flying fox. Was able to hang for 13 seconds but that was about my limit. The other day I got to 10 seconds. Mentioned to TAB that grip strength is an overall indicator of longevity. Once you hit 50 your grip goes down. Have also read that doing a hang apart from decompressing the spine and grip strength also aids in weightloss. So I do a hang every day. Has anyone seen @tonys around here lately. He mentioned he was in hospital again. I must check in with him if he's online.  OK I am about to have a rest then get into cooking dinner

Hope everyone has had a good day today. 

Have been shopping from the Salvos. Gee you can get great stuff from that mob

you're sounding good @SmilingGecko  no, not seen @tonys in a while

Former-Member
Not applicable

And that’s the best way anyone could react to reading that very sarcastic and acidic comment about the type of love I share for my current ventilator @PeppyPatti 🙌🏻☺️🌺

it made me chortle just knowing you felt the vibe of my Faulty Towers-esque rant! ☺️💜🌺

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ah, yeah that makes sense @PizzaMondo ☺️🌺

I couldn’t figure it out when I first logged on to ChatWee lol 🤭

Would be lovely to have a bit of a reading/book club gathering place, for sure 🙂

hopefully our @tyme  and @Jynx  can have a little look and let us know 🙌🏻🌺☺️

@SmilingGecko 

My cousin and aunt were talking about the hang thing.

I didn’t ask what scientific study supported the theory.

I can hang upside down does that count?

G

Former-Member
Not applicable

Aw, that’s really nice of you to say @SmilingGecko , thank you so much 🤗💜🌺🙂

You along with our other lovely members here inspire me to keep going and keep resilience up with these issues, with your kindness and support…it really does make a big difference 💜🌺🙂

I haven’t given up, and have sent more evidence through about the faults, so I’m hoping things can move forward soon 🙂

I hope your day is going well, and you had a nice weekend 🤗🌺

@Former-Member I have been spying all your ideas, I think a book club is a phenomenal idea! So far, @tyme has been the main organiser so when they're next online (Wednesday I believe) I'm sure more chats can be had to get this ball rolling!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @saturnzoon 🌺☺️

the live chat platform I mentioned is ChatWee and it is currently used for the Sunday live chat events (like this one that happened recently) 🙂

I thought maybe it could be used to chat about books we read together..? Just waiting to hear back from our moderators and @tyme  and @Jynx  to see if it might be a viable idea 🙂🌺

Hope your evening is going ok there where you are 💜🤗