Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Im lying here once again not being able to go to sleep. The new med helps sometimes but not others. I have just taken another plus a different one. Surely something has to work. 

It’s lonely. Sometimes I think I should just get up and do stuff but if I do I won’t sleep at all. Or just sleep all day, which won’t help either. 

I’ve even taken a few OTC painkillers. 

I’ve had a shower, I’ve had a hot drink, my room temperature is fine and the aircon is set to keep it the same and I’ve listened to white noise. I also listened to an honest meditation. But I’m too stupid to work out how to just play that without YouTube continuing into other shit. It’s really frustrating being so dumb. 

Hi @Captain24,

Thank you for your reply, it's nice to meet you too 🙂 It does get tiring sometimes and on particularly bad days I just stay in bed because I can't bring myself to do anything. But I keep going in the hopes of happier days ahead. And this forum has really helped me realise that I'm not alone, that there are people who are experiencing similar things. I hope you are in a better place now, and if not, I want you to know I'm rooting for you and sending you strength.

- HopeDream

Hi @Captain24 , so sorry to hear you hurt your back at work! 😢 No sitting and no lifting, oh gosh 😣

Did you manage to get to sleep last night? 

I hope you can hear about the dates of your admission soon. Well done on eating those meals. 

Hope you can cope OK... 🤞

Oh it’s difficult. But I’ll end up pushing the boundaries. I usually do. @NatureLover 

I did finally sleep. But I’ve only just woken up now. I get the sleep I need just at not the right times and I don’t know how to fix it. Yes I’m open to suggestions from anyone reading this. I need to get my sleep pattern back in order. 

I didn’t order 7 days worth and am slipping into bad habits. This time I did order the 7 days. I costs me just over $150 a week so it makes me think I can’t waste it. The one thing is that some of the meals are frozen so if I just can’t do it it’ll be there for a time when I forget to order or can’t order if I’m away.  I’m going to buy a little bar freezer to stick in the garage so i have freezer space. 

How are you goin? I hope everything is ok? Also how is the volunteer work going? 

@Captain24  Must be hard to get your sleep routine better when you do shift work constantly?!

It does make it hard @Bow but up until recently I could manage the switch. But now it’s just all over the place. 

That sucks @Captain24  are there things that you were doing previously that your not doing now?

It’s since my MH crashed just before I stopped taking the meds. @Bow. Previously I have had nights where I’ve had trouble going to sleep. But now it’s just like my head hits the pillow and I’m awake. 

Content/trigger warning
Im mixing all sorts of meds to try and help. Some I’m not actually sure that they can be taken together. 

Perhaps that is part of the problem then @Captain24 … all those extra meds that maybe shouldn’t be mixed? 

I thought I would just stop taking all sleep prn meds and see what happens. @Bow. Then maybe I can try different ones one at a time. 

How are you going? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance