Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Maybe that’s a good idea @Captain24  im really thankful that I’m managing to get off to sleep most nights ok at the moment, but I wake up so many times still 😩

im getting by I think. Still got pain. Really hoping my sw is back Tuesday. 

It’s hard when you can’t stay asleep @Bow. I usually stay asleep but just can’t get there. 

Im hoping your pain eases soon. Have you been on the treadmill?

I really hope your SW is well enough to come back. 

I tend to sleep ok until about 1am, then wake up heaps from then onwards @Captain24 

yeah been on the treadmill. 

I need to drag myself outta bed sometime and pack to go away tomorrow. 

OH that’s right.. you’ve got vivid tomorrow night @Bow. Whats the weather forecast? It’s cold here but no rain for the long weekend. 

Is D at her dad’s? Does she know about vivid? 

Yep vivid tomorrow night @Captain24 no rain in the forecast thankfully! So glad I changed the days. 

daughter knows and is very excited. 

she’s at her dads today though and is trying a sleepover again tonight 😩  I’m sure she will be home again late tonight.  She has a crash night coming up at school where they stay the night at school. She really wants to go. Will be interesting to see if she can do that. 

I’d be excited too and I’m definitely not a child! @Bow. It’s to hard on your own as it’s just not safe. Maybe when my bestie gets back we can do stuff like that. Her son would love it. 

Awesome about the weather! This shows how exciting my life is, it’s not raining so I can do washing! Who sad..

I know it makes you anxious but maybe if she can do it it may make the school one easier. But the school one will have her friends so maybe that will help her. 

My feeling of safety has dropped on here now. I just have to be extra careful

Whys that @Captain24

I am wide awake. I’m hoping that lying in bed will help. 

I’ve only taken my night meds, not anything to put me to sleep. But I’ve been mixing the sleep meds so I need to stop and try them one at a time and see if any actually work. 

I have taken pain relief but my back is still so sore. It’s both hips now. It is just so frustrating. 

Im trying really hard to be ok but it just seems like life keeps throwing me curveballs.

Today has been pretty uneventful. Just went to the markets quickly but what I wanted wasn’t there so I came home. Other than that it’s just been Pixie and Jett time. They have been getting along a bit lately and are having a play with each other at least once a day plus at bedtime! 

Sometimes I wish there was someone around at night just to chat too. But most people are asleep at this time of night.

I was thinking, maybe if I set my alarm and get up earlier maybe I’ll go to sleep later. I did struggle to go to sleep early when I worked and was getting up at 5 am. It’s funny though, I had no trouble sleeping after nightshift. You would usually think sleeping during the day would be hard, but no, as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. I wish I could do that like I use to. 

I wonder if stopping smoking has caused an issue? I guess if I think about it I can call the Quitline and ask. I do have cravings of a night, well all day, but I use to have one before going to bed. It would be interesting to find out. 

@Captain24 wrote:

My feeling of safety has dropped on here now. I just have to be extra careful

Sorry to hear about this @Captain24  😢 

Some frozen meals sounds good 👍

That's not good that now both your hips are painful. Plus your back? 

I hope you managed to get to sleep last night...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance