Skip to main content
Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: My Mosaic

He came out again so I scooped him up @Jynx  but not at all happy by it and scratched me so much. So it was only a quick hug. 

oh I think I remember you mentioning your rats. That is sad. So hard to have to make that decision. 
I was telling my D this afternoon. Explained that cause he has been sick so much and he wasn’t getting better that we have had to make the difficult decision to take him back to the vet and have him put to sleep. I didn’t think she understood that term, so asked if she understood what I meant by that and she said no. So explained that he would not wake up and that he would die. ‘Oh’ and then silence. I think I had a moment then too. Urgh. 

what did you do today @Jynx ?

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow can I just take a moment to acknowledge how HORRENDOUSLY unfair that you can't cuddle him? I'm sorry darling, it's like the ultimate example of 'conflicting needs' - your need to comfort him, and yourself, as you are in possession of knowledge he couldn't possibly comprehend, against his need to follow his instincts and isolate himself. My heart is breaking for you 😭

Ach, your D will have to process in her own way hey. Is it her first pet loss?

Hmm today for me has been a slow day. I was thiiiiis close to being able to go for a walk - as in, I had woken up and my coffee had kicked in, brekky had settled, etc - and then it started to rain. Sigh. Usually I would happily walk in the rain if it's warm enough, but typical Melbourne gave us several false Springs this year.

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Just came to say night night, and that my thoughts are with you and your boy tomorrow @Bow. He won't be in pain much longer. Many MANY hugs to you hun, I will catch you next week if you're around 💜