Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

@Birdofparadise8 I got the link too, thanks 💙💐

I know I'm over reacting sometimes, my first thought might be envy over not being included in something which turns to feeling rejected. Depending on the situation I can talk myself out of the feeling. An example was yesterday at work. I've become close to 2 of the girls in my office and after work I thought they didn't want me to hang out with them. They did, they were just waiting for the other 2 girls in the office to leave because they didn't want them to join us for after work drinks. I'm using CBT to change my negative mindset that tells me no one wants me. 

After I'd sent that message I thought back to what you'd told me and realised you would have felt rejected throughout school.

I had friends whose parents wouldn't let me play with them out of school because my parents were divorced. This happened at both primary and secondary school. 

Are you still able to have your psych sessions? I know you've been concerned about the financial side of things.

That's great. Do you think you will join us? @ENKELI 

That's good you're using CBT for it. I might ask my psych about it on Wednesday. 

Yes, most days for 40 weeks a year for 13 years. 

At this stage, yes, until Mum's credit card gets declined. Dad said it's nearly maxed out, but Mum hasn't told me anything about the credit card or the session. She said it was okay for anything medical and that they would cover it until I had a full-time job. 

I do hope it won't be a problem. Psych also increased the fee by $10. It doesn't sound like much, but now it's $220, which is a bit of money each week. Sadly, I've used up the 10 Medicare rebates. 

@Birdofparadise8 I'm looking forward to joining the chat tomorrow. 

$10 is a whole lot when you're on a tight budget. I hope your parents will be able to continue covering it for you. I really think there should be more assistance for mental health. 

I'm lucky that I can access free psychology through the department of Veteran Affairs, otherwise I don't know what I would have done in the past. 

It must be nice to have the place to yourself while the housemates are out. Have you got plenty to keep you busy for tonight and tomorrow?

I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow,  plus mum wants me to go see her so I'm not sure where I'll be during the day. I'm going to make muffins and maybe banana bread but I want to make sure I'm free for chat too.

I’m not sure if $220 is technically expensive. The psych board says it should be $300. 

I know it sucks. 20 sessions would be so good. 

Just working on these two assignments and cleaning.

They sound yummy what type of muffins? @ENKELI 

@Birdofparadise8 I can't believe it's $300 a session. I should have studied psychology instead of sound engineering!  I was quoted $220 as well if I wanted to choose my psych, otherwise I get given a psych who is closest to my suburb but don't have to pay.

I'm probably going to do apple cinnamon muffins, I wasn't happy with the blueberry and white choc ones I made last week, although everyone else liked them.

What did you have for dinner? I'm deciding between spaghetti or lamb roast, both leftovers. Or maybe even just scrambled eggs.

Yeah, when I got an email about the increase to $220, they mentioned how the psychology board recommends $300. He does do a lot outside of sessions for me as well and answers my emails, etc. 

Do you have a recipe for them? If so, can you share it with me? They sound yummy. 

I'm just having some toast and some dessert, lol. I had a late lunch at the football. 

Both sound yummy. Do you cook a good roast? @ENKELI 

@Birdofparadise8 I like to think I cook a good roast and I've never had any complaints lol!

This roast was cooked by a friend of my brother though and she does a great roast lamb.

I use a basic muffin mix and add vanilla essence and cinnamon (about a tsp each) and add a tin of apple (chopped). I also reduce the liquid content depending on how much liquid is in the apples,  usually about a quarter cup. I use the topping from the below recipe. I haven't tried the recipe, I might though and compare. 

@PinkFlamingo posted a yummy chicken sausage roll recipe on the cooking forum that I want to try too. It might be a day of baking tomorrow!

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/apple-cinnamon-crumb-muffins/

That's good to hear. A roast lamb is very good. 

What is your basic muffin mix? 

Yes, I saw that. She did them a few weeks ago as well. @ENKELI 

@Birdofparadise8 the recipe is on my laptop, I'll get it to you later if that's okay. I'm just about to have dinner, or rather try and decide what to have for dinner.

I've got a tub of chocolate Murray St icecream that I am going to attack for dessert 😁

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance