Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Oscillation between two mind sets

@creative_writer yeah totally, gotta find those ways to kick start the process hey. Getting started always seems to be the hardest part. 

Ooh I'll check em out, thanks! 

Oh yeesh, coming at you from all sides! Yes please be gentle with yourself hun!

@Jynx it is about starting. The migraine pain has thankfully not been awful, I wouldn’t say I’m pain free though.

I’m still not sure whether I can go tomorrow. Been coughing and shivering today. The shivering came back once I took a shower, so now I’m trying to stay warm. I don’t know how that even happened. I did also spend half an hour looking for my hair towel because I misplaced it, so that did require me to physical exert myself in order to find it. My brain misplaces things, it’s frustrating

I think I'm stupid

Hey @creative_writer , What makes you think this thought?

@tyme I procrastinate and end up underperforming. My attention span is not good. So I guess I’m lazy and stupid

I wonder if it can be reframed to say that you learn differently and there are ways I can perform better next time once I work out the strategies? @creative_writer 

@tyme I could. I think perfectionism gets the best of me. It took me a while to even figure out how I was going to "unstuck" myself from the endless spiral loop I was in earlier this year. I still have a long way to go. My psych even asked me whether the difficulty in doing things contributes to cptsd. It hit me then how much it did. It has taken me so long to finish uni courses before as well. It took me 6 years to do my bachelors, 2 years to do a 4th year course (which is 1 years full time) and it's taking me 3 years to do a two year masters social work degree

I took 5 years to do my 1 year masters lol.... because I procrastinated @creative_writer 

Don't be too harsh a judge on yourself.

@tyme it’s hard to compare myself to my peers who have been in uni for shorter periods of time and have been able to work alongside. I have limited work experience, and I’m almost 30, haven’t established a career or anything yet

Hey @creative_writer ,

Maybe it's not about comparing yourself to others? If you really wanted to compare, at 30, I was still at home in bed under the covers, hiding from the world.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance