Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness featuring SPECTRUM VIC // Tues 1 Oct, 7pm AEST

Thank you all ❤

Re: Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness featuring SPECTRUM VIC // Tues 1 Oct, 7pm AEST

@Angels333 I have recently (as in a couple of weeks ago) been diagnosed as CPTSD.  I had never heard about it before

Thank you @AndrewSpectrum @JulianSpectrum @nashy for running this forum tonight. It’s been very interesting and I’ve really enjoyed it. Thank you everyone else who participated as well😊

@cutiepiekitty  I’m diagnosed with cptsd.  It was explained to me that it was two traumas thst happened. 

I don’t know how to explain it properly. Hopefully someone else can. 

@JulianSpectrum 

I chose EMDR as i personally believe my bpd stems from traumas upon traumas.

However i couldnt do it off meds.

Think its also about right fit of Psychologist too which im certain everyone would agree with.

Ive done a lot of memoirs writing to release a lot of pain & was fortune to be able to prepare my psychologist with my writing. Really helped him get to know me without sessions of talking. 

Hi @Former-Member 

how long did you do EMDR. I had about 4 sessions years ago but I’m not sure it worked. 

@BlueBay It was explained to me as being trauma upon trauma upon trauma. With "ordinary" PTSD it is a reaction to one event like an accident, disaster, or going to war. CPTSD is the reaction to a number of different traumas over a period of time. For me it was for many years, half my life.

For me too @cutiepiekitty  ive got trauma after trauma in my childhood and adult life with my parents. 

@BlueBay 

Ive only just had 2 sessions but im able to have it weekly cause i have a dva white card now. Ex army.

I find it incredibly fascinating.

Id imagine ill need quite a lot of sessions tho.

Think u need a fair few sessions to start noticing a difference.

Eth has it & is getting good results pretty sure its eth

Some find it too traumatic. My psychiatrist said if its too traumatic stop it. However im ok with it. Think cause i feel very safe with this Psychologist. Hes very passionate about this tment been doing it for 18yrs too. Best in town

I did EMDR and was retraumatised 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance