Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Symptoms of Social Media - Looking after our Mental Health online // Tues 19th Feb, 7pm AEDT

Totally.. Sometimes it's easy to think everyone else has it all. When at the end of the day many of those people are experiencing the same pains and insecurities as we are... It's amazing what a curated social media account will do. Sometimes a reminder that we are all human, regardless of circumstance, we all experience fear and pain etc 🙂 Thank you @holly299 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Symptoms of Social Media - Looking after our Mental Health online // Tues 19th Feb, 7pm AEDT

Hi @nashy @holly299  sorry I’ve come on. I’m nit having a good day 😢

social media affects me big time. I struggle seeing others having a good time snd photos everywhere. 

I feel I get sad sngry and jealous. 

Eh? .. that there is an easy glamorous life out there while I struggle in filth and day-wage 10yrs ago rates slavery? And that at my stage in life.(mid50s) its not going to get Any Better . Lol
Anyway will leave you all to it. Thx for invite

Heya @BlueBay , don't be sorry! And thank you for sharing. You are not alone in this 🙂 Soon we will chat about strategies in managing these afflictions too Heart

I'm with @Zoe7 on that one.

I have to avoid social media, as much as possible.

It may well have positive aspects - I was unable to make use of those.

I only experienced the very negative effects.

Adge

@BlueBay  sorry you're not having a good day. Something I try to remind myself is that even I post highlights of my life, I certainly don't post what I look like after a depressive episode and not being able to wash my hair or clean my appartment. People construct their social image the way they want to be seen so we don't know what is going on in the rest of their lives

Hey @TAB , sorry to hear mate no doubt this is challenging. I have tonnes of hope that it will get better for you, and hope you know you're not alone and we all believe in you here in the community 🙂 No drama if you're not up for the chat tonight, take care and speak soon Heart

Any tips on how you refrain from using it? @Adge  I know for many it becomes a habit, then it's like you have to undo the habit. Did you avoid it from the beginning, or do you consciously not engage? Thanks for sharing 🙂

Thats the most common experience unfortunately. It took me a really long time and conscious effort to curate my online experience (something we'll talk about a bit later)

I can see that I need to construct a "social image" - currently I don't have one (at all).

Perhaps that would help with making new connections?

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance