Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Uncontrolled drinking

Hey well done for posting and putting it out there. I don't drink but I've struggled with addiction for over half my life. It's not an easy road to be on. There is plenty of help and support out there for AOD just need to look for it in your community. For me I did a free 12 week counseling program with a AOD organisation and that helped kick start my sobriety. There is also AA, and groups called smart recovery. I was an addict for over 15 years and now I'm almost 3 years clean and I'm working, and back in the community. I know that it's not an easy road but stopping is definitely possible. 

I started off with the advice from my counsellor setting small achievable daily goals, even if it was just making my bed or brushing my teeth. Every small achievement helps create positive thoughts and keeps me on track. 

all the best in your journey and keep reaching out for help xo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance