Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

paradoxical
Casual Contributor

[new here] Hi everyone!

Hi everyone 🙂

First time I have visited your forum. I need to reach out to others. 

Ive got lived experience with C-PTSD and am autistic. I am having a bit of a hard time at the moment and it seemed like a good time to reach out to others. 

looking forward to talking with everyone,

paradoxical

5 REPLIES 5

Re: [new here] Hi everyone!

Hi @paradoxical ! Welcome to the forums! 🙂

I think you'll find plenty of people to connect with on here. I've met numerous people here who either have C-PTSD or are on the spectrum. 🙂

Hey @paradoxical welcome! Glad to have you with us. You can find some Tips & Tricks here, and we also have an ASD Social Thread here

Hope you find this to be a warm and welcoming community 😊💜

hi @chibam thank you 🙂

Hi thanks for the welcome and thank you for the links

fun fact. I had social problems when I was younger. then a doctor told me Im a savant and could likely overcome most of the negative aspects of ASD if I set my mind to it. 

A few years later I realized I lacked the ability to interpret body language or social Qs, then I used the internet to find out how to learn that stuff. 

I came across the field of Nonneural Linguistic Programing(NLP). 20 years later, Now I can usually interpret body language better then most neurotypicals :D, I went from not knowing why somone wasn't my friend suddenly, to being able to accurately tell if somone is getting annoyed with me and how to change the convocation to avoid that, eg, recalling what they were talking about previously and restarting that conversational thread. 

I like helping people and ran relationship help seminars teaching couples how to talk to each other and stuff until c-ptsd triggered about 5 years ago.

Hi @paradoxical

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here, I am one of the Peer Guide volunteers here on the forum. There are a lot of members on the forum, with a wealth of experience, feel free to explore and don't hesitate to reach out. I'm sure you will find the guidance and support you are looking for, have fun 🙂 take care. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance