Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

@Shaz51 @TAB @Oaktree @NatureLover I gotta get back to tidying. Tried to gamify it by dealing with cycles of 8 things in each room but ended up just shifting stuff between rooms.

I'm hoping to get a weekly helper soon so I'll have to catch up on chores and spring clean. Having transport again will help.

..transport's got to make a big difference @Dimity  ? not making much headway on lounge room here, full of cardboard boxes told myself would burn in fire, slow process .. also found fluff mountain under bed while looking for things. never got around to buying a new vac after moving house 18mths ago, der lol etc etc, ok by room, toilet is spider-torium, bathroom needs sweep and mopping, spare room needs sorting and me to start using bike and gym gear in there, and kitchen always needs spot cleaning and sorting/culling junk on table

Hoping you can get the new helper and the transport, @Dimity ... 🤞

It might seem a lot @TAB but take it one step at a time. 

I bought a cordless stick vacuum at Kmart, it's easier than lugging the big vacuum cleaner. Only thing is it's badly designed re emptying it.

Can you start recycling the boxes?

I missed recycling last week, its only fortnightly now @Dimity  think there was free dump day, would have to ring council but thanks, am showered and dressed thats a start,  will do bathroom floor, cobwebs in toilet and ring council today plus stuff some cardboard in bin and fire

Good luck with it @TAB 

thanks @Dimity 

Haven't heard back from the support agency. Decided to start making a big effort anyway.  Today was Day 1. 

Day 3 of extra cleaning and decluttering efforts. Not much to show for it yet. Have thrown out a lot of papers (but the filing cabinets seem to have bottomless drawers) and tidied the wardrobe. Plus chores. Rearranged some boxes. 

Well done, @Dimity ! You said it's not much, but I'm impressed. 

I achieved precisely nothing yesterday, but in general I'm trying to keep the house neat as the inspection is still hanging over my head (it's 2 months late!). 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance