Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Experiences around Study and Mental Health: What have you learnt?

Really only a few months ago. It's so good. 

Since moving into this apartment I got a monitor so I have my mac on one said plugged in and the the monitor with google and that open. 

Yeah we can talk about the assignment in my thread might be best. @PinkFlamingo 

I’m so sorry to hear what you’ve been having to deal with in this last year @ENKELI  ❤️‍🩹🌺 it’s coming from ‘all sides’ 😔

I was bullied out of a good job a few years back - it was the only job I could do with my declining health at the time - and it was the boss’s husband..he wanted my job because quite frankly he wasn’t a good guy and he was moved out of his role directly as a result of his behaviour, and because he wanted to earn an income, he came to his wife’s work and literally pushed his way in, cancelling shifts of mine, talking behind backs, and undermining at every opportunity. I couldn’t take it as well as dealing with patients who were really unwell at times while this person with zero qualifications was standing right behind me undermining pretty much every word I said. 
One day I just walked out - it was too much. The culture of the entire place changed - everyone sided with the bully because he was the boss’s husband, and they knew if they didn’t start undermining someone else, they would be the target. Of course I refused to lower myself to that level, so I became the target. 
Some people just seem to go through life thinking hurting others doesn’t have any consequences or doesn’t cause longer term harm.. it does 💜

I do understand how awful it can be, and so there’s one thing that stands out here is that we have each other to connect with, and know there’s support 🙂🌺

Hey there @TAB 🌺🙂

that’s huge hurdles to get to what you need..so much politics and so little practical support.. 😔 I’m really sorry to hear how frustrating and demotivating the systems are 💜

Hopefully the remaining subjects left of your course work out for you, and you can get to a place where work is a positive place to be 🙂🌺

Thanks @PinkFlamingo  I am starting from scratch as its a new course now. Couldnt get credit for other subjects. Changed since then.

Ah, understood @TAB 🙂🌺

All the best, and this thread is for us with MH and our study - @tyme  started it for us, so feel free to post anytime about any challenges; we are in it together 🙌🏻☺️

That’s a nice setup @Birdofparadise8 🙌🏻🙂🌺

I was thinking to get a monitor to use alongside, plugged into my Mac, it sounds so awesome. You’re adding to the ‘pro’ of my pro and cons list hehe 😉 

yep - let’s talk about the assignment anywhere you feel comfortable 💜🙂🌺

Hey @ENKELI ,

How much more of your study do you have left?

Afternoon @tyme I haven't started yet. I have an information session on Tuesday and then will get the ball rolling after that. The job services agency I'm registered with said they will pay for it so it will depend on them when I get started.

Thanks for your kind words and helping me down from the ledge yesterday 🥰

Hugs @ENKELI .

I'm determined to support you. Whether I'll be successful is another matter, but I'm here for you.

Who knows? By you starting, it may even give me a push to re-open my books again to complete mine 🙂

@PinkFlamingo thank you so much for your post about your experience. I don't understand why people try to damage us. I had specifically told my boss that my dad was not well and I was stressed about it and she completely ignored it.

The boss' hubby sounds like a real pri*k, I can only hope and pray he gets his own back someday soon.

You are a very kind, sweet person 🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance