Skip to main content
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Living with Loneliness

Thank you kindly @Healandlove 💜🙂🌺🫂

I very much appreciate your kind words 🙂🌺

I hope I can finish studying, and help people ease the discord unique to challenges that come with isolation of the body and mind, that would be a very humbling and rewarding thing indeed 🙂🌺

Reading your experience of loneliness speaks volumes of your patience and compassion 💜🌺🙂

it’s really heartening to know that things are slowly improving, despite how hard it is - your determination is so inspiring 🙂🤗🌺

And thank you very much for the recommendation for the app - I’m going to see if I can find it in the App Store ☺️🌺

I’m so glad you found it, and it brings you happiness 💜☺️🌺

rest well, and catch you next time 🙂🌺

Sweetheart @Meowmy

I was Looking at the front of Sane Forums on the website and it writes of support and connection. 

Do you feel that here ? 

So Like what you write. I remember many years ago at a terrible time of my life I dreamt of trains 🚂 but they were settling myself down. 

Your message is so creative. 

Wow @Healandlove , @PeppyPatti , @Former-Member , @tyme , @Meowmy , @tonys 

Reading your posts from yesterday,  with so much going on here daily  and still living with loneliness here 

Sending you lots of understanding hugs @Healandlove , soo similar,  I keep everything to myself 

@PizzaMondo 

I'm not married, but I cling onto my therapist iv seen for 20 years. I think if I didn't have her, I see her once a month- um - I can imagine I would feel more lonely. Often she makes me a cup of tea and we just talk about the weather but the connection is what I crave. 

However my partner does the best he can. For instance, he is my carer and I don't need to drive anymore. This is unspoken and I don't need to cook anymore. Another unspoken. He takes me to all appointments 

@PinkFlamingo , @tyme , @Meowmy , @tonys 

@Shaz51 @cloudcore @tyme @PizzaMondo 

@Healandlove @TAB  @Adge 

@Former-Member 

Beaut message. I'm trying to find the app. 

Can you tell ? 

I struggle with Loneliness a lot most of  the time doesn't matter where I am, even if I go out in groups I feel different like the odd one out cause my communication skills are zero especially at home.

The hard part is families and others don't get it, they just think where out to get attention and I always get told how can you be lonely when your out with others around you.

When all my  kids were younger and at home was not as bad, but at work was a really bad trigger for me I just never seemed to fit in, always left out and get remarks like, why don't you ever smile, why don't you talk, why work here and similar stuff like that. 

I was never able to make friends,  to shy, couldn't make conversations so people just kept away and avoided me.

Then as the kids didn't need me as  much I had my breakdown at work after someone going off at me for not joining in, felt so embarrassed had a panic attack ended inhospitable for a while. 

The loneliness affects us all in different ways and when I split from ex and I had  my kids which were a lot older but when my eldest 3 left,my daughter moved to Newcastle my eldest moved down south and then my other older son moved in with his girlfriend that's when it hit me hard and always felt like there was something missing. It was like an emptiness,   a numbness, thinking I needed someone else and got diagnosed with agraphobia, I locked myself away,  my kids were everything to me my life and never thought about what it would be like with them not living with me.

Like most of you, Birthdays, Christmas and seeing families together and gatherings are really hard where you just want to zone out.

Sane forums are like a family to me we have a lot in common and love how we can help each other and allwaus makes me feel a bit better just that knowing we are not alone.

I still get the loneliness but at least I know can come on here and see how everyone is going.

I know with my BPD and anxiety the loneliness will never go away, but at least I have learnt some distractions to help

@Shaz51 @cloudcore @PeppyPatti @Former-Member @Healandlove @tyme @PizzaMondo @TideisTurning @Josie72

@Jacques @Snowie @Appleblossom @Oaktree @Adge @tonys @Meowmy @TAB @tonys 

Hi @saturnzoon 🙂

My takeaway from your post response was that - just like you, I too can often feel lonely even when with others - but having the ability to form community, find other supports, people who understand you, me, us, especially through a space like the SANE forums can make us feel a lot less lonely!

I feel it's due to the level we can relate with others and their lived experiences, as well as a nice reminder that we are literally not alone in feeling the way we feel most days...

So, thanks for sharing!

Warmest,
PizzaMondo 🙂

@saturnzoon I agree with so much that you have written and can relate to so much of it.

I struggle with loneliness too, but I think a lot of it is my own doing. I have such a hard time talking to others and relating to others too.

I don't have any real 'friends' and the only people I really talk to are my family or friends of my husbands. If we go out with people it is always my husbands friends. Even then I can't relate to what they are saying or have a conversation with them.

Sane forums are like family to me too. I can talk to anyone on here, but in real life I am the exact opposite.

DeeDear @saturnzoon 

Thankyou for writing. I felt all words. 

im not ignoring your story - just a step out of the box but remember you wrote people thought you were doing for attention ? Well, for about 25 years, my ex husband's besties thought he was pretending he had Schizophrenia and he was making it up to get the pension so he didn't have to work until I turned up. 

zoo-animal-portraits-mac-so-03.jpg

It slightly triggered me reading your words, a little hurt remembering all that. 

People can be so 2 dimensional. And they run around and tell themselves 

" I am good. I am good." But they don't mind not understanding someone who doesn't match to their

" way of thinking,' 

You are special. 

You are relevant. 

You can get through today. 

Just like all of us here. 

@PinkFlamingo ,  @Meowmy , 

@Snowie @PizzaMondo @saturnzoon