Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Everything music

hi @Appleblossom my virtual mum, i hope all is well with you and your son. i have been installing a new kitchen for mum. 

Hi @Faith-and-Hope 

This means so much to me. 🌿💮💘🧠💮

Thankyou, PeppyP. 

Xxx

Hi all, my love for music has carried me for many years to explore for most part a lot of genres. I used to be a DJ in a pub playing 80’s disco music and on weekends be on public radio.

Least to say I have a very large Vinyl and CD collection. I collect most now, listen to the original then rip it. At the moment I like instrumentals and gospel music.

I guess in the long run it comes down to filing my mind with positive stuff. I really do believe that music is a doorway to the soul. Anyways, I am sure to connect with you lovely people soon. J

I used to date a -:  I thought - a reputable music person in Perth over 20 years ago. 

He helped me build up my vinyl collection but that was years ago. I was happy to sell it and today I know I can rebuy it in the years to come. 

He was a big mistake --- although my record collection was great. But I sold it. 

FB_IMG_1689822736788.jpg

@PeppyPatti 

Love the pic 🙂

Records are coming back in again.

I have quite a few vinyl that are digitally enhanced;

they have an amazing sound. Do you have any favourites?

I have them stored on shelves inside a built-in. No dust, light

or heat and they all have covers....

I was going to ask you if you had any stories about your collection

but you just did. That is an amazing story.

I'll tell you my amazing story you will get a smile I have 3 stories - 

1- about 2 months ago, my partner, Mr Rocker and I went to Adelaide and we made an appointment to have lunch with an old high school friend from over 40 years ago.

Iv kept in loose contact with him for years and he happened to have worked in the music industry where I was dating this person about 25 years ago. When we caught up I scolded him because I said this music person wasted my time for 2 years

and he said he really hated him. All this b...... Time I thought it was my bad that I didn't like him ---- but.....he really was a tool 

( That's not that exciting but I just have thought for all these years he was cool but it was my bad thinking he was a tool ) 

2: my oldest son went through a tough time when he was 15 and we all stayed up : my other son at 11 too till 4 am every night playing cards and singing to a church album where Steve Kilbey SPOKE some songs and I can't find it. Even @TAB had tried to help me....

3. Forgot the 3 Rd. 

Your turn @MountainMan 

Your stories are probably cooler than mine 😺

@PeppyPatti 

I have no cool stories like yours, just stories.

When I was quite young and liked to party, life was going fast. My mum (Bless Her Soul) gave me free drinks when I was the dj at the pub. The aim was also to get the people to buy more drinks. I loved disco/pop music-it was a good feeling when you read the crowd then you play to their liking and they keep dancing, some nights were quiet (not many) so I played gentle music.

At our local community radio, Friday nights were my all-nighters from 12am-7am. They were the fun days being on radio. You create your own playlists which had to have Australian content. I used to cart my records in a box. Music has been a large part of my life. My kids have followed in my footsteps in regard to loving music. I met one dj at my Son’s wedding who used a cloud from the internet..all he needed was a laptop and internet connection-how cool.

😎

I'll get back to you tomorrow, 

It's cool 

I'm not a very cool person or whatever. 

It's been fun reading your 3d records 

This forum and a building of a support crew keeps me going. 

How many children ? My two sons are 30 and 34. 

Over 20 years ago I volunteered at a community radio station but just to accept calls on their week long please give money week. 

I'm better off daydreaming, right 👍 

@StuF @greenpea @TAB @Bill16 

Anyone up for some FriYAY Toolage?

https://youtu.be/i_X3HNCBQgg?si=BR7IXU4BPHRg8R-3

Always up for Toolage @Glisten !

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance