Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH: Australia, Let's Talk (October 2023) - for Carers

Hey forums fam! Thanks to all have contributed so far! Let's keep the conversation rolling!

How would you spend a perfect day with your loved one? What would make it perfect? 

Honestly my perfect days are usually the ones spent in nature, taking in the tranquillity that comes with being surrounded by a lush forest, or the grandeur and humbling sight of a mountainous landscape. I am lucky to have friends and family who are similarly invested in nature's wonders, and having them along for hikes is always just sublime, knowing they are getting as much out of it as I am! 😁🌳🏔🌺

@PizzaMondo @Bon_courage @Ilovepenguins @MissLil @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @outlander @Eve7 @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Flying_Hams @Anastasia @NatureLover @Judi9877 @wellwellwellnez @RiverSeal @BPDSurvivor @Meowmy @TAB @StuF @Smiling_Gecko @Bill16 @WIP @Appleblossom @EternalFlower @Laura4 @L-mm7 @magpie4 @StanD @creative_writer @Captain24 @Snowie 

Re: MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH: Australia, Let's Talk (October 2023) - for Carers

How would you spend a perfect day with your loved one? What would make it perfect? 

@Jynx , @tyme , @hanami , @Ilovepenguins , @amber22 , @Blackbird11 

going out to take photos of nature ,

time lapses of clouds, trees, animals with the cameras 

taking a picnic , camp chairs , relaxing on the beach or in the rainforest with music on 

Hi @Jynx 

I would start the day slow with breakfast in bed. Then maybe snuggle under blankets and read a book together with the cats nearby. Snuggle till lunch then make lunch for them. After lunch go for a drive to a beach or a nature reserve and explore the wonders of the place. Maybe get takeaway on the way home and enjoy each others company. Finish the day off with a bubble bath to relax an unwind before bed. This would be perfect because I would be spending time with the one I love and doing things that connect us.

@Shaz51 

A family day at the Gold Coast theme parks would be awesome right now 😄 I'm a rollercoaster lover and sooooo want to see my kidlets and I in one of those cheesy photos they take at the scariest bit 

@Ilovepenguins , sounds like fun 

How many little ones do you have 

I was a private child care provider and then I became a step mum to 4 😁

@Shaz51 how awesome are you?! Childcare and step-children, I can only imagine how busy that has kept you 😊

I have 3 kidlets that keep me on my toes and I have an almost 3yo little bro too! I didn't have much to do with kids before I had my first 13 years ago and now there's babies and kids all around me 🤩 they're exhausting but they bring so much joy 

Hey forumites! Happy Monday, may your day be merry, marvelous, and most magnificent!

Here's today's query:

Share one act of kindness (big or small) from your loved one that has had a positive impact on you.

So just today, I got a delightful message from one of my closest friends. She knows I have a house inspection coming up, and also knows that I really struggle to get everything clean and in order before the deadline. So she messaged me out of the blue and has offered to come over and help me to tidy up before Friday! I'm so chuffed about it, especially because I never asked, and I was even thinking about how I may need some help but didn't know who/how to ask for it in this instance. 

💜😊

What about you? 

@PizzaMondo @Bon_courage @Ilovepenguins @MissLil @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @outlander @Eve7 @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Flying_Hams @Anastasia @NatureLover @Judi9877 @wellwellwellnez @RiverSeal @BPDSurvivor @Meowmy @TAB @StuF @Smiling_Gecko @Bill16 @WIP @Appleblossom @EternalFlower @Laura4 @L-mm7 @magpie4 @StanD @creative_writer @Captain24 @Snowie 

Good morning everyone! 

Here is todays question of the day 🙂

Think back to a time with your loved one when you felt most content. What happened to create that feeling?

@hanami @Jupiter @Jynx @amber22 @fluffylight @PizzaMondo @Bon_courage @Ilovepenguins @MissLil @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @outlander @Eve7 @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Flying_Hams @Anastasia @NatureLover @Judi9877 @wellwellwellnez @RiverSeal @BPDSurvivor 

Hi @tyme ,

The main piece of advice I would give is: 

It's okay to ask for help

In fact, sometimes it's necessary. Don't be afraid to accept your fragility and vulnerability. There are good people out there who are more than happy to support you, so reach out and let them help you.💜

Hi @tyme,

That's an awesome question. My most inspirational song at the moment is:

1000 doves by Lady Gaga

The lyrics are very heartfelt and powerful and really resonate with both our journeys. The album version is a real dance anthem, so you can really let go and get into it. It's also quite emotional for us because we actually saw Lady Gaga perform it on the piano in London. Look it up, it's from her latest album:

I need you to listen to me
Please, believe me
I'm completely lonely
Please, don't judge me
When your tears are falling
I'll catch them as they fall

I need you to listen to me
Please, don't leave me
I'm not perfect yet
But I'll keep trying
When your tears are falling
I'll catch them as they fall

'Cause inside, we are really made the same
In life, waiting's just a stupid game

Lift me up, give me a start
'Cause I've been flying with some broken arms
Lift me up, just a small notch
And I'll be flying like a thousand doves

A thousand do-oh-oh-oh-oh-oves (Oh-oh)

I'd do anything for you to really see me
I am human, invisibly...
When your smile is shaking
I'll catch you as you fall (Ah-ah-ah-ah)

I cry more than I ever say
Each time, your love seems to save the day

I've been hurting, stuck inside a cage
So hard, my heart's been in a rage
If you love me, then just set me free
And if you don't, then baby, leave
Set me free

A thousand do-oh-oh-oh-oh-oves
Flying, flying, flying (Oh-oh)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance