Skip to main content

Re: Eything music

I 'liked' (appreciated) Biopic about Curtis from Joy Division.  It was good that his suicide did not trigger me, but I could watch it for his story. Saw it last year so maybe coming through trauma at last.

@StuF @greenpea 

I am big on music in context.

I just found it on iView @Appleblossom !

I will watch tonight. I've always been a bit wary of watching it, but it won't hurt to try

Be careful about your own triggering.  @StuF 

At different times we all have different levels of reslience.

For me with my sibs having passed that way it affects me deeply, but the total absence of talking, understanding and discussing these affects me deeply too ... like a ginormous elephant in the room. 

At times I have to watch things in 10 min segments when triggered, but if I feel it is worth watching I perservere or come back to it later.

It helps me situate my experiences in social perspectives, and my siblings experiences when a thoughful presentation is done.  Gives the trauma meaning.

Go Gently with yourself. Stu

Thanks @Appleblossom 

I'll see how I go. I tend to watch most things in segments these days anyway! 🙂

PS Hopefully not trite, but sorry to hear you had such experiences

@StuF @Appleblossom  when I was 15ish

@StuF @Appleblossom  when I was a young teen I was super into Joy

division. I remember I bought an album of theirs and the shop assistant laughed and said that Joy Division was a band for desperates what ever that meant.

i

Thanks @StuF Appreciated.

@greenpea Not a nice salesperson.  Just remember the passion of the music you liked, and forget poppy types.  That is one thing we def agree on.  I never went pop.  I did not buy much music when I was young, except instruments and sheet music and TDK cassettes where friends taped their fave records for me.  Ouch! my bad! Thats why I prefer live.

Had only heard of what happened in Joy Division much later.   There was the UK/US divide and now some call it the British invasion, but Britain had a big music scene.  

I had a friend who was a tech person for Brit punk bands, he came here 1980 and was a very good 'out of the box' ... sales person in alternative Melb record store.  

@Appleblossom @greenpea 

Speaking of record stores, I'm fortunate that I live quite a distance from my favourite store...and have deliberately not visited a great sounding 2nd hand store near me! Covid can be used as a decent excuse to not go out sometimes 🙂

That said, as I've mentioned, online is still a bit too easy lol

@Former-Member @Appleblossom @greenpea 

Another great female artist:

Just an amazing voice and song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4v7fp5GC8

@StuF  love it!