Skip to main content

Re: Good Morning!

@TAB Corduroy is back 🎉  1970, I was 7. @ENKELI @Emelia8 

I loved the fashion older girls could wear. Billabong corduroy jacket with faux fur on the hood and cuffs. Embroidered flare jeans. Crocheted Halter tops. 🙌🏼 Lol

My dad and uncle picking up my older cousin from Newcastle Town Hall dance because there would anti-social behaviour between the surfers and the bikers LOL.

G

@TAB I was a little kid in the 70s, listening to mum's music, John Denver, Neil Diamond, Gordon Lightfoot, Kris Kristofferson. Oh and Bagpipes. I still love them all.

The first record I got was a single of Dr Hook, Walk Right In. I've probably still got it.

mum had a piano @ENKELI  we didnt have a record player or anything.

she had mario lanza 78s from the 50s in trunk lol

mum got a cleaning job  and bought a 'readers digest' branded radio cassette which was actually pretty good. could turn it up when no one around  but that was 80s. ok brother got job at service station 1978 he got a radio cassette  and joined World record club who would send out catalogues, you order, send off postal order or whatever and hey presto! playing best of stones and hendrix and you are the cool  person..

ah dear , you were in a hotspot hey @Glisten  when i worked in the hunter  would work w people fm newks sometimes , they all talked like paul hogan was a hoot lol

https://youtu.be/TkLUCMHsQ94?si=JCwHzHcgwnc4jM8l

@ENKELI  ba ha ha lol i heard this on radio back then in SA

Thats good to hear @PeppyPatti I've been living my best life since I was 40 after my pluto square pluto transit. Things started shifting from then and onwards for me. I had been extremely ill on toxic psych meds so had to do a health overhaul. Was virgoan in my own way re: health though but internet opened up a lot of healing resources. I am going to be 55 this year. I'm living a good life but first half of life difficult with lots of dramas and major losses. Just happy to be me now. Life can be good PeppyPati. Just keep at it

Oh my stars! @TAB  and they loved the Newcastle song 🤣 Positively cringe worthy.

In high school my friends were shocked when I told them, we have to go to the Regional Train Platform at Central Station to get back to Newcastle 😂 

That’s right girls, it’s a country town not a city LOL

train a bit better now I guess @Glisten  i couldnt get over how there are prisons everywhere, Scone, Maitland, guess Newcastle, all over the place

I was about the same age @Glisten, I love the 60's 70's 80's music and life was happier so I've seen or heard @TAB @SmilingGecko @ENKELI @PeppyPatti 

Unfortunately my memory is a mess and hardly have any memory of anything. 

I liked the clothes we wore back then I have corduroy pants that I like and wear now, it seems like history repeats itself like clothes, movies and some other stuff

I feel it's a harder world our kids are growing up in now and not a lot of certainty for many of them for jobs, housing and the way people treat each other inthis time.

@saturnzoon @Glisten @SmilingGecko @ENKELI @PeppyPatti  not sure if I was saying right thing for 'cords'  these were like woven plastic literally

ok now I remember pin ---want to say 'whale'  cords they were like thin material w lines on top like icing or a plowed paddock lol and terrible plastic belts that were white  and ...wait for it ..walk sox ffs ... lol 

I think I agree 

@saturnzoon 

But maybe because we have become more .. ...

Buying clothes easier 

Need more money...

Buying all modcons.

But I think possibly ..... Could you comnent- 

Daily Mental health is better. ??