Skip to main content

Re: Let's relive the 1980's

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRBQ-BOwxiI@Scarecrow loved the Skona, it was like a frozen yoghurt base with apricot and it had nuts or seseame seeds or something.

we'd get take away less than once a week, usually chicken or fish and chips. dropping in to macca's or buying coffee on the regular just wasn't a thing. they also had the old polystyrene co tainers which disappeared almost overnight when we realised how bad they were for the environment.

Thanks so much for uploading that Skona ad @plasmo    wow that brought back memories......man I loved those.......actually I think I was addicted to them..............I was actually salivating when I was watching that................I still look for them now but I have not seen one for a long, long time sadly.

My father would get us take away whenever he could not be bothered cooking, which was more often than not, as my mum worked nights.    He would say to us, do you want Kentucky Duck for tea that is what he called Kentucky Fried Chicken.  We would say yeah......love those memories.............then we would have to hide the empty containers from mum so she wouldn't find out that we did not have a healthy meal lol.  But I think deep down she knew but she never mentioned it........................

I loved having fish n chips as well......remember when it was wrapped up in actual newspaper until they realised that was bad for you........................

@plasmo  @CheerBear  @greenpea  @silverspoon 

this is how to make the cake version of this but do you remember this ice cream???

My sister loved these!!!!

I'm so excited to share with you all a much loved Australian Icon! I'd love y'all to share some kind of lollie / candy you loved as a kid. This video wouldn't be possible without the help from Rode Microphones - Check them out for all your Audio wants and needs. I use the ...

flouro socks.jpg

Thanks to my great tutor @CheerBear   here are my beloved flouro socks!!!!!!

@plasmo  @greenpea  @silverspoon   with matching bangles, earrings, hair bands etc......yep I glowed in the dark basically!!!!!!!

1980s-fashion.jpg

Yep that was me Smiley Very Happy

yeah i remember the bubble o bill, and paying 20c for ice blocks.

and the newspaoer fish and chips, we once had skona's about 3 times one week, think my dad got hooked.  gotta be a way of re-creating them at home

The fifth track from their 1980 album Wild Planet Original video - ACR10 - NTSC mapped colour- re-synced to album track - panned and cropped to 16:9 - 1080p 25fps - 48kHz/320kbit/s audio

You had the best clothes to wear @Scarecrowe ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ So fun!

@greenpeaB-52's were a strong memory of mine! Music was a big part of my childhood and this used to get played when parents were in a good mood, a lot

https://youtu.be/9SOryJvTAGs

I still listen to it sometimes, for that feeling it gives ๐Ÿ™‚

I looooved Bubble O'Bills @Scarecrowe! Always a dilemma choosing between that and Golden Gaytime ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰

You're watching the official music video for The B-52's - "Love Shack" from the album 'Cosmic Thing'. "Love Shack" reached No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1989. Subscribe to the Rhino Channel! https://Rhino.lnk.to/YouTubeSubID Check Out Our Favorite Playlists: Classic Rock ...

@CheerBear  loved the B52's in my early teens. OMG! remember Count Down on the ABC (that was late 70's early 80's for me) I would watch it every weekend without fail and wait to see what got to number 1!:D

I don't remember Count Down but I do remember Video Hits on the weekends @greenpea which I seriously enjoyed! I am old enough to have had a cassette player and used to use it to record music from count downs on the radio. Putting the little piece of sticky tape over a tape so it would record, trying to fast forward or rewind to the start of a song to listen to it... My kids have no idea how easy playing music is for them, to be able to just push 'next' and all that ๐Ÿ˜†