Skip to main content

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

To Be Free

To sleep, to sleep and wake no more

Upon this earthly land or shore

Surrounded by the Heavenly throng

Whilst loved ones stand by looking on

With all mixture of creatures playing in the park
The sun forever shines, there is no dark

Oh, what wondrous time this will be

When all pain and sorrow are set free

Until that day we plod along

Read a book or listen to a song

Enjoy the beauty nature brings

Whilst listening as the birds sing

Good and bad days come our way

May we however know the joy of play

Upon the earth or amongst the waves

No longer imprisoned in one’s personal cave

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread and hope it continues.

Words are like clay to me, they can be moulded to create beautiful prose, verses linked together like dew drops on a cobweb, sparkly and new.

@tonys I'm with @Glisten, you need to write a book on the Bookkeeper 😊

The pain does not stop
constant and endless
sorrow and despair
anger and frustration

the real me is hidden
never to be seen
never to be held
never to be heard

The tears stream down
thoughts all too consuming
all there is is silence
nothing more to give

@Patches59 I'd keep at it if I were you. You definitely have a gift.

It's like God gives us this rotten condition but as a consolation gives us things like the ability to write great poetry.

And cats. Cats are a gift 😁

Thanks @ENKELI for your kind words plus encouragement.

Know I enjoy writing descriptive things, even if only half a page.

I find it easier to explain myself in writing quite often than trying to vocalise the words.

pets are amazing and help us in so many ways.

I’ve been blessed to have cats and dogs for companionship plus only constant during the horrors of my life

same here @Patches59. I got a dog when I split from my fiancé and she was such a joy. I had her for 13 years and I don't think I'll ever get another dog, she was just pure joy. 

Cats and dogs remain there, always for us. My dog was my emotional support and now my boy cat is the same. Whenever he finds me crying he will sit beside me. He always comes in at night and lays next to me until he thinks I'm asleep, then he will move and sleep near my feet. It could be 40 degrees and he will still lay next to me. 

Animals are better than people, they never hurt you.

Hope your night is a pleasant one 🙂

@tonys 

Who parted?

it happens so often, in a persons eyes, I think some one died. 

Disney movies..    Very dry..   @Glisten   very dry...   and  funny.      thanks    mate.  

How you you travelling friend.   I'm  working on something for you.   Almost cooked                 tones

Hey    @Former-Member ..    I've had to leave people.   I never ask who's at fault.  I'm always to close to see it.

Some damage can't be repaired.   But each persons story is different.

I know your smarter than me.  You'll see the whole of the moon.                                           tonys.

Not sure if this counts as poetry, but I've had these words echo in my mind.

I miss the innocent young girl I used to be but she was easier to shatter.