Skip to main content
Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: My Mosaic

Yeah it’s wooden @tyme  i don’t know where it’s from, mum got it online somewhere.  Mum wants it kept, we’ve slide it onto a board, she’ll glue down. 

Yeah, it's beautiful. Sounds like both you and mum are quite creative. What's D like @Bow ?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yes @tyme  mum is very creative too. She’s got 3 quilts on the go at the moment. Plus she’ll do some clothes here and there. 

D is creative too. Always doing some kind of arts and craft. Her room is always a mess! She likes to write as well. She was a good drawer from a young age. 

Are you creative at all @tyme ?

I THOUGHT I was creative until I met you and Jynx lol. @Bow 

I feel that since my recovery, I've become much less creative for some reason... maybe I'm too busy and I don't prioritise it? I don't know.

But as a kid, I was super creative. I never wanted things to be the same as other people. I always wanted to do something different.

Bow
Senior Contributor

lol @tyme 

yeah I think you gotta use your creativity otherwise it just shrivels up. You gotta practice it. 

I remember when I was a kid my teachers always commented on my work cause I always chose the hardest and most complicated option. 

your a very busy person @tyme  do you spend much time doing stuff that you want to do? 

That was me too! I would choose the option that no one else chose because i wanted it to be different. @Bow  I didn't things to be the same as everyone else's. I thought it would be boring. Even with assignments and things, I would choose the topic that no one else did. 

Yes, in a way, you are right. I'm always super busy. In saying that, I don't do anything I don't want. So it's hard to say. I love everything I do and that's why I do it. Yet it's not 'free time', art and craft or anything. 

I think keeping busy and having a very full routine is safety for me. It brings predictability. When I have 'free time' or things are out of routine (like when the kids are on school holidays), I get very unsettled, agitated and upset. 

So I don't know. For example, tomorrow, I've got a very busy day. I've got things planned from 8am in the morning right through to just after 10pm. And this is timed by the minute.

I know it sounds ludicrous, but I feel safety in it.

It's hard to explain. I guess we all have these weird things in us 🙂

I think the bottom line is, if it works, go for it.

Hi @Bow 

Hoping today is going well for you hon.

Sending lots of 💕💕

Bow
Senior Contributor

Really not ok

home from schema group

roughest group yet but not cause of group incident happened while I was waiting for group which triggered me badly

did not feel safe

still don’t 

Hi @Bow I'm here with you.

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't feel safe in group, and this feeling is still with you.

What do need to help you feel safe at the moment? Do you need to reach out to talk to Lifeline or SCBS? 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Oh no that's so rough @Bow! We're here beside you hun 💜