Skip to main content
Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: My Mosaic

No I don’t wanna talk with either of them @Ru-bee i need to feel safe and heard not  pushed away

im curled up in bed I feel so nauseous 

Okay, I understand @Bow I'm here to listen, or even just sit with you. 

It sounds like today was really a lot for you, retreating to bed sounds like a good move, I know that's where I go when I need to feel safe

Bow
Senior Contributor

I understand folks have mh issues and that’s why they are there probably, but exposing themselves to me 

shut the door for goodness sake

and not just once

and then I seen him again at break time

it ruined my group

i could not participate 

just shut down

how am I going to go back there

rav3n
Peer Support Worker

hey @Bow i'm not too sure who 'him' is but if you want to talk about it, we're here to listen. if you'd like a distraction instead, we're here for that too. i'm so sorry hear how rough today's group was, sitting with you 💗

Bow
Senior Contributor

he…. Was just a random male @rav3n  that was at the community mh clinic that my schema group is run at. Not my local clinic thankfully.

he used the bathroom directly in front of me twice while I  was waiting for my group to start did not shut the door

😩😩

Oh I'm really sorry that you had to experience that today @Bow no wonder you weren't feeling safe.

Was he in your group? Is there any way you could talk to the group facilitator about what happened?

rav3n
Peer Support Worker

oh gosh that definitely is disturbing to witness, i'm really sorry you had to see that @Bow were you able to speak to anyone at the clinic about this? 

Bow
Senior Contributor

I told the facilitators at break time what happened @Ru-bee I wasn’t participating and was really shut down so they were asking what was wrong. They were very understanding. 
then one held me back at the end to talk more and she did an imagery exercise with me. Which I really appreciated. It helped a little then. but then I had to walk back out there couldn’t get out of there quick enough

the streets of this place are fairly… shady though 10min walk back to my car

I'm glad you were able to get that extra support and talk about it @Bow but of course that would still leave you shaken.

I'm just finishing up now, but I hope that you're able to have some rest tonight ❤️

Bow
Senior Contributor

So angry with myself that allowed this to effect me so much